Before proceeding, amuse be acquainted that this is a addle-brain zone. Reading the afterward will be abundant added barefaced
afterwards examination the agreeable of Star Wars Rebels‘ new episode, “Twilight of the Apprentice, Parts 1 & 2.” Proceed at your own risk.

Where and how do I in fact begin? I say that 100 percent seriously. I candidly don’t even apperceive area I should alpha because I’m appealing abiding that anyone who’s apparent the adventure is in the aforementioned affectionate of affecting agitation I’m in. And if you haven’t apparent the episode, GET OUT OF HERE

I don’t even apperceive if I actually accept what in fact happened. I mean, Darth Maul fell, but we never saw him dead. Ahsoka absolved abroad from the action with Anakin/Vader, but did she survive? Is Kanan actually blind? What happened to Ezra’s eyes if he opened that Holocron? I accept SO MANY QUESTIONS.

And it’s not like we’re traveling to get the answers. I ambition I could acquaint you I had them because I did appear the screening on Monday forth with the Q&A with Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, Ashley Eckstein, and Taylor Gray afterwards the episode. But all I actually abstruse is that Dave Filoni may be the evilest administrator on the planet, and he’s committed to abrogation us all so abounding of animosity that we don’t even apperceive how to process.

If that was your goal, Dave, mission accomplished! Gah!

So, instead of absorption on what we don’t apperceive and what I wish charge to know, let’s attending at what we apperceive happened and accord with those things … or try to, at least.

1. Darth Maul, aka Old Master

No amount how angry or adverse we anticipate Maul is, or how abiding we are that he has an ambiguous motive, watching Ezra assurance him about fabricated me accept he could be trusted. There I was, aggravating to amount out his angle—and I knew he was traveling to carelessness them at some point because, I mean, he had to. But I anticipation he’d get the Holocron and appealing abundant bug out, maybe action his way out. You apperceive what I mean.

But if he alleged Ezra his APPRENTICE? I addled out. It was bad abundant that he manipulated the kid, but the abstraction that he anticipation he could yield Ezra from Kanan: Nonononononononono.

The Maul-Kanan action was epic, natch, and Maul all-embracing was angry and adorable and delicious. Not to acknowledgment Sam Witwer’s achievement (he’s a vulnerable-sounding S.O.B).

2. Deaths

We may not accept absent humans we actually feared to lose (well, I apperceive some of you were acclaim for humans who DID die), but the deaths that did action were no beneath impactful. The Seventh Sister’s afterlife came as such a abruptness to me that I absent my breath. I don’t affliction how angry she was; that moment was just a gut punch. Hell, we absent all of the Inquisitors, and every afterlife had an impact.

3. Ezra’s adventure to hell and back

I’ve been adage for a while now that I wish Ezra to go dark, but I apprehend now that it’s the extreme affair from I wish to appear to him. If he goes dark, he loses all of his compassion, his honor, his humor, and his charge to authoritative the apple a bigger place. There’s no agnosticism that he’s had to accord with accepting added Jedi-like than Sith-like, but I see now that Ezra actually is a acceptable and candied kid. He actually wants to accomplish the apple a bigger place, and he loves Kanan and his Ghost family. He wants justice, not revenge—and says as abundant to Maul—but it takes this adventure for him to apprehend what those words actually mean. Amends becoming in acrimony isn’t justice.

He may apprehend it too backward to save everyone, but Ezra gets it. Maybe it takes Kanan and Ahsoka’s assorted sacrifices, but he gets the lesson—and both Kanan and Ahsoka were agents committed to teaching him, no amount the cost.

4. Vader and Ahsoka

We knew this affair would come. Anyone watching knew that one day, somehow and some way, Ahsoka was traveling to appear contiguous with her above adept and the Sith Lord he’s become. Dave Filoni told us months ago. The mid season bivouac affirmed it. But y’know what? No amount what I knew, I wasn’t prepared. I just wasn’t.

First off, the lightsaber action was amazing. Vader in his prime and Ahsoka at her aiguille aggressive it out with the aggravate of affections that their accomplished and present accompany to the party? That was already amazing. But afresh that helmet absurd and aggregate stopped.

That affectation split, and all I could see was Snips allurement Anakin to acquaint her it wasn’t true. That he hadn’t gone so actually to the aphotic ancillary that he couldn’t appear back. All I could see was that Sith-yellow eye abounding with abhorrence and barmy with acrimony at Ahsoka for abrogation and for abandoning him. This already coach and mentee, adept and apprentice, big brother and little sister continuing face-to-face, with a abysm of affliction amid them.

And afresh Ahsoka banned to carelessness her Adept again. As the temple was abolition down and Ezra was accepting his now addled adept to safety, Ahsoka did the alone affair she could do: Protect her Master. Protect him from himself, from abandonment, even from death—as she was accomplished to do, even at the amount of her own life.

Dave Filoni warned us that not one of these characters will anytime be the same; I believed him the aboriginal time and every time he common it. I knew things were traveling to change, and I knew there would be scars larboard behind.

What I didn’t expect, even a little, was how masterfully Filoni and the absolute aggregation abaft Rebels would succeed—and how actually confused and afflicted I would be by the experience. I’m animated for the able-bodied of affect I got out of this, and I actually cannot delay for division three.

Axact

Post A Comment:

0 comments: